Thursday, May 14, 2009

so much to do, so little time......

I love that phrase. Alas, 'tis true. So, briefly......

I'm about to begin grading 115 exams which are six pages each. Sheesh. Sorry, Mr. Tree.

I just stepped out onto my back patio because it's very windy and I wanted to check on my plants and newly-relocated tomatoes and peas. I found that a pot filled with daisy-something-or-others (yes, I'll stick to musicology for now since I can't even remember the name of a flower I bought two weeks ago...) had some dead/dying blossoms on it, so I started picking them off. There is an official phrase for picking the dead flowers off of a plant so that it can rejuvenate itself, and ya know what it is!?!?!? "Dead-heading." No shit. Makes me smile.

I'm listing to the Grateful Dead ALL DAY LONG as I pour through these exams and keep an eye on my garden crop through this crazy wind we have here in The Buff today. Not a bad way to spend a Thursday.........

No comments: